- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
On February 27, 2010, Chile was struck by an 8.8-magnitude earthquake, which damaged cities and towns throughout the country, including Santiago and many smaller towns in the Central Valley region, like Santa Cruz, Curicó, and Talca. At the time of writing, many properties and sights were temporarily closed, but planned to reopen within months. Where this is true, we've included a note in the review. For the most up-to-date information, check with each property, as many are slowly recovering.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes