Sights & Attractions in The Southern Coast
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Things to Do in Coyhaique
Cerro Castillo National Reserve
Just 64 km (40 mi) south of Coyhaique, this national reserve is...
The only skiing in northern Patagonia can be had here, 32 km...
Lago General Carrera
It takes a 280-km (174-mi) drive from Coyhaique along the rutted...
|Bodies of Water||Coyhaique|
Monumento al Ovejero
The Carretera Austral leads into the northeastern corner of town...
|Memorials / Monuments||Coyhaique|
Museo Regional de la Patagonia
It's worth the small fee to view the black-and-white photos of...
|Museums / Galleries||Coyhaique|
Plaza de Armas
This is the center of town and the nexus for its attractions...
Reserva Nacional Coyhaique
The 5,313-acre Reserva Nacional Coyhaique, about 4 km (2½...
Reserva Nacional Río Simpson
The evergreen forests, just north of Reserva Nacional Coyhaique...
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
- Alluring South America IExplore
- Chile Experience — $4,089 IExplore
- Breathtaking Patagonia — $7,995 IExplore