Getting Here & Around
As San Andrés is the package-holiday capital of Colombia, daily flights come in from many mainland cities, including Bogotá, Medellín, Cali, and Barranquilla. Flights book up rapidly on prime Colombian holidays, long weekends, Semana Santa, and in December, but more reasonable tariffs can be secured outside of these dates.
There is a public bus service that circles the island, but the buses are rather old and beat up.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $543* & up -- Colombia: Cartagena Flights from Miami, R/T LAN Airlines
- $99 -- Colombia: Modern Bogota Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Aloft Bogota Airport
- Colombia Experience IExplore
- $526* & up -- Colombia: Medellin Flights from Miami, R/T — $526 LAN Airlines