- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here & Around
Cartagena's Aeropuerto Rafael Nuñez lies 3 km (2 mi) east of downtown. There are daily flights from Bogotá and Medellín on domestic carriers Aerorepública, Avianca, and Satena. There are direct international flights from Panama with Copa, from Canada with Air Transat, and from Italy with Lauda Air.
Traveling by car or bus to the Caribbean coast is not impossible yet it is a long haul (20 hours) and should be done during daylight hours only.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe