- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Laguna de Cuicocha
Laguna de Cuicocha Review
West of town, a milewide, oblong lake cradles itself in the lower flanks of Volcán Cotacachi. A well-marked hiking trail heads up the crater's rim into an ecological reserve that affords fantastic views of the distant Imbabura and Cayambe volcanoes. Within the lake are islands that can be visited on inexpensive boat tours.
- Address: 18 km (11 mi) west of Cotocachi, Cotacachi
- Location: Cotacachi
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $650* & up -- Fly to Quito, Ecuador from U.S., R/T LAN Airlines
- $1222 & up -- Ecuador: 5-Nt. Amazon Rain Forest Tour w/Air LatinEscapes.com
- $2118 & up -- Galapagos Islands Escape w/Tours & Breakfast — $2,118 LatinEscapes.com
With many thanks to many posters here who commented in my earlier thread: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/3-weeks-w-6-year-old-in-uk.cfm
I didn't want to disappear into the ether and i wanted to Read more
Back a week ago Friday and am finally caught up, ready to start the TR.
Background: Some you have read my trip report of last year's journey to scatter Mom and Dad's ashes at the Lake of Menteith, tou Read more
I am thinking of going on a tour across Britain and Ireland next year.
I've done lots of research, but I'm not sure which tour company to use....since I have read negative and positive reviews for each Read more
· News & Features
Why not take that classic walking city tour to new heights with this new trend of rooftop tours? ... Read more
Silverseas cruise line will begin sailing to the Galapagos Islands following its purchase of Ecuadoria... Read more
Nestled in the Andean hillside, the Mashpi Lodge opened last week beckoning those looking to get close—very... Read more