Nightlife & the Arts in Asuncion
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Almost all the information about nightlife in Asunción is in Spanish, but the listings you find in publications are easily deciphered. Asunción's free biweekly arts and nightlife newsletter, Tiempo Libre, has cinema and theater listings. It's widely available in hotels and restaurants. Look also for the bilingual, monthly Asunción Quick Guide, available in hotels, for listings of what's going on.
Asunción doesn't have the nightlife of other Latin American capitals, such as Buenos Aires or Rio de Janeiro, especially during the week. The scene picks up Thursday through Saturday when locals dress up to go out on the town. In many nightspots you'll get turned away at the door if you're wearing jeans and T-shirts. Many upscale places cluster around Avenida Brasilia, Avenida España, and Avenida Mariscal López, about 2 km (1 mi) northeast of the centro. Most charge a small cover.
Browse Asuncion Nightlife
Browse Asuncion Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Asuncion Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $169+/Nt Expedia
- Explore Asuncion For Less! Book Fr $133+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $22/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Asuncion Fr $122+/Nt — $122 Expedia
- Save $$ in Asuncion: Book Fr $175+/Nt — $175 Save with Hotels.com, $50/night less
- Super Low Asuncion Rate: Book Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Hotels.com