- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel San Agustín (Monasterio de la Recoleta)
At a Glance
- historic setting
- slightly outside of town
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel San Agustín (Monasterio de la Recoleta) Review
Part of a Peruvian hotel chain, this is the quintessential two-in-one lodging—on the main road is a modern hacienda-style hotel with gleaming rooms, modern services, and all the comforts you could desire, and up the hill is the scaled-up Recoleta, a 16th-century Franciscan monastery with a cavernous dining room, guest rooms with hardwood floors, white walls, and Cusqueña paintings, and a bell tower with great views of the valley. There are fewer services at the monastery, though most guests don't mind. All have access to the facilities down the hill.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more