- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- stylish rooms with all the conveniences
- stunning public spaces
- attentive service
- rooms are small for the price tag
- everything (including Internet access) is charged
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Monasterio Review
One of Cusco's top hotels, this beautifully restored 1592 monastery of San Antonio Abad is a national historic monument. Planners managed to retain the austere beauty of the complex—the lodging even counts the original chapel with its ornate gold altar and collection of Cusqueño art—yet updated the compact rooms with stylish colonial furnishings and all the mod-cons such as remote-operated window blinds and TVs that pop out of cabinet tops. The public spaces such as the elegant lounge bar and serene cloisters will take your breath away. For those having trouble adjusting to the altitude the hotel offers an in-room oxygen enrichment service. For around S/140 per night you can elect to have your room pressurized with a flow of enriched oxygen, duplicating conditions of those 1,000 meters (3,300 feet) lower than Cusco.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more