- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cusco's licensed taxis bear a black-and-gold checkered rectangle on each side, and a light-color official taxi sticker on the windshield. Fares are S/2.50 within the central city and S/4 after 10" pm". Have your hotel or restaurant call a taxi for you at night.
Honda Motokar taxis—semi-open, three-wheeled motorized vehicles with room for two passengers—ply the streets of Sacred Valley towns. Touring the Sacred Valley from Cusco with one of the city's taxis costs about $60-70 USD.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com