- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Astrid y Gaston
Astrid y Gaston Review
The flagship of Peru's most celebrated chefs (Gastón Acurio and his wife Astrid Gutsche), this popular restaurant serves inventive variations on traditional Peruvian cuisine. Acurio is a master of both flavor and presentation. You can't help but watch the kitchen door—each dish the waiters carry out is a work of art. Even a Peruvian standard such as lomo saltado (tenderloin slices sautéed with tomato, onions, and ají peppers) gains a new personality here. The menu changes every six months, but is invariably original and delectable. The place has one of the best wine lists in town. Reserve two weeks ahead of time, or arrive early and eat in the bar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more