- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The name of this attractive eatery is a Quechua word for "mischievous child," which explains the decor of antique toys and eclectic art. It also refers to the playful variations on Peruvian cuisine, such as gnocchi served in a huancaina (spicy cheese) sauce, or panko-crusted prawns with a passion fruit-ginger-pisco sauce. Start with cream of artichoke soup with smoked trout and fennel, or grilled octopus in a tomato vinagrette atop mashed potatoes. Desserts are equally inventive; try pineapple picarones (fried dounuts) with fig syrup and coconut ice cream, or carob raisin cream pastries with an elderberry sauce.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
Hello All i hope you can give your honest and excellent opinions on my GF and I's 19 day itinenary in Peru. Read more
· News & Features
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more
Steinbeck said it well—no matter how many plans you make, its the destination that scoops you up... Read more