- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Conveniently located on the Malecón Maldonado, one block from the Plaza de Armas, this restaurant specializes in Amazonian fish dishes like dorado (a white fish) in a camu camu (jungle fruit) sauce. Traditional regional specialties, such as the cecina con tacacho (a smoked pork steak with fried plantain balls) are also available. Start you meal off with a frothy caipirinha (a Brazilian drink made with lime, sugar, and the sugarcane liquor cachaça). You can eat in an air-conditioned room or under ceiling fans in the front dining room.
- Address: Napo and Malecón Maldonado, Iquitos
- Phone: 65/236-536
- Location: Iquitos
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
Hello All i hope you can give your honest and excellent opinions on my GF and I's 19 day itinenary in Peru. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more