- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- amenities in the jungle, great river views
- easy to reach
- less wildlife than other lodges
Ceiba Tops Review
The most comfortable accommodations of any Amazon eco-lodge are found just 45 minutes downriver from Iquitos. After a jungle trek, you can plunge into the pool, take a nap in your air-conditioned room, or relax with a book in a hammock. It's a good option for people who want to see the Amazon without roughing it, but can also be combined with stays at Explorama's rustic lodges, which offer more exposure to nature. Hotel-like guest rooms have tile floors, tropical decor, and picture windows. The private reserve behind the hotel has a massive ceiba or kapok tree (hence the lodge's name). Excursions include a trip to a lake with giant lily pads and nearby Monkey Island. Buffet-style meals are served in a thatched, screened dining hall with a bar, gift shop, and Wi-Fi.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
Hello Travel Experts!
We just booked our international tickets to Peru and I need some help planning my itinerary there. We're getting into Lima on June 28th and will be headed back to the US on July 7th. Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more