- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Amazon Yarapa River Lodge
At a Glance
- in the jungle
- good guides
- good food
Amazon Yarapa River Lodge Review
With solar power, a composting program, even a biology lab used by Cornell University, this place is at the forefront of sustainable tourism. The lodge, built from native wood by local Indians, has some great communal spaces, including a thatch-capped restaurant. Guest rooms are standard issue (read: basic) but comfortable. Some have private bathrooms (cold water only), others have shared baths; the former are better all around. The lodge is a three- to four- hour boat journey upriver from Iquitos and can only be visited on four- or seven-day tours.
- Address: Yarapa River, 150 km (93 mi) southwest of, Iquitos
- Phone: 65/223-320; 965-931-172; 315/952-6760 in U.S.
- Website: www.yarapa.com
- Location: The Peruvian Amazon
- 16 rooms with shared bath, 8 rooms with private bath.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
We are looking for a 4 or max 5 day tour of the Amazon. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more