- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Al Frío y al Fuego
Al Frío y al Fuego Review
Step through the unassuming doorway on Avenida La Marina, descend the long stairway to the dock, and a boat will ferry you to this floating restaurant. At first glance, the thatched structure on a balsa-log raft belies the fine service and excellent Peruvian fusion cuisine that await you. The menu offers innovations on traditional dishes using local ingredients, from tiradito (marinated fish strips) in a cocona (jungle fruit) sauce to pescado a la Loretana, a tender filet of doncella (a river fish) in a sweet chili cream sauce served with chonta (shredded palm heart) and tacacho (fried plantain-and-pork dumplings). If fish isn't your thing, try the steak with cassava gnocchi and onion marmalade. The restaurant's floating swimming pool is a great place to spend an afternoon (bring a bathing suit and towel), whereas the view of the city lights makes it equally appealing at night.
- Address: Av. La Marina 134-B, next to "Embarcadero El Huequito", Iquitos
- Phone: 965-607-474
- Location: Iquitos
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon. No dinner Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
Hello All i hope you can give your honest and excellent opinions on my GF and I's 19 day itinenary in Peru. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more