Sights & Attractions in The Amazon Basin
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Things to Do in Iquitos
Casa de Fierro
The most interesting structure on the Plaza de Armas is this "Iron...
Centro de Rescate Amazónico
At this animal rescue center, a short trip south of town, you...
|Zoos / Aquariums||Iquitos|
Distrito de Belén
Iquitos's most fascinating neighborhood lies along the Itaya...
|Markets / Bazaars, Neighborhoods / Streets||Iquitos|
Iquitos enjoyed its heyday as a port during the rubber boom a...
Malecón Tarapacá (aka Malecón Maldonado)
During high-water season, this pleasant waterfront walk between...
|Promenades / Boardwalks||Iquitos|
This museum is dedicated to the region's rich indigenous culture...
|Museums / Galleries||Iquitos|
Port Bellavista Nanay
About 3 km (1½ mi) north of downtown Iquitos, at the end...
Browse All Amazon Basin Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com