- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Gran Hostal la Portada
At a Glance
- great location
- piping hot water
- friendly service
- building lacks charm
Gran Hostal la Portada Review
This relatively new hotel fills a much needed gap in Huancavelica, providing travelers with a clean bed, hot shower, and friendly service at a bargain price. That it does all this while being one block from the plaza makes up for the fact that the building lacks the charm of some of the pricier properties in the area. The rooms have Wi-Fi, and the owners can arrange tours of the outlying villages for intrepid travellers.Be sure to book in advance around Semana Santa (Easter) and Fiestas Patrias (July 28th).
- Address: Toledo 252, Huancavelica
- Phone: 067/451-050
- Location: Huancavelica
- 31 rooms, 13 with private bath.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
Hello All i hope you can give your honest and excellent opinions on my GF and I's 19 day itinenary in Peru. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more