- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Picanteria La Santitos
Picanteria La Santitos Review
If you ask anyone in Piura the best place to go for typical dishes they'll tell you to go to the nearby town of Catacaos. If you want to stay in town, they'll tell you to come here. Two dining rooms with cracked white walls—one air conditioned, one not—and waitresses in flowing peasant dresses make the setting for Piuran and regional dishes like tamales verdes (green tamales) and seco de chavelo (fried green bananas and pork) memorable. Wash everything down with an algarobbina, a pisco based cocktail flavored with the syrup from the area's algarobbo trees.
- Address: La Libertad 1001, Piura
- Phone: 074/309-475
- Location: Piura
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $3099 -- South America 7-Nt. Escape w/Air, Hotels & Tours Friendly Planet Travel
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking — $1,527 LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. Read more
· News & Features
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Love 'em?... Read more