- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hosteria San Roque
At a Glance
- authentic, romantic
- nothing nearby to do in the evenings
Hosteria San Roque Review
The most atmopsheric place to base yourself while exploring the Chiclayo area's archeological attractions is not in Chiclayo, but rather in this 18th century casona in Lambayeque. Just a block from the town's main plaza and the church of San Pedro, the manor house is surrounded by three stone courtyards and every effort has been made to retain the colonial era decor and architecture, though modern comforts, like their inviting pool, have found a way to fit in. Rooms feature period furniture, creaky beds, and wood-beamed ceilings.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more