- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- fantastic location in front of the lagoon
- great pool
- the elegant lounge bar is the best spot in town from which to watch the sun set over the dunes
- rooms look a little tired
- hotel is often full with tour groups
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Mossone Review
Imagine life as it was in Huacachina's heyday in the oasis's original hotel. With a picture-postcard location fronting onto the lagoon and gorgeous Spanish colonial-style architecture, this dilapidated spot has lost the sparkle that made it so popular when it opened in the 1920s. An internal courtyard lined with tall ficus trees is the focal point of this century-old mansion. Watch out for Jennifer, the (male) tortoise who likes to stroll here during the day. Rooms look out onto gardens overflowing with flowers, and the elegant bar and restaurant have splendid lake views. The hotel provides free bicycles and sandboards for guests, but if you're staying elsewhere you can still stop in for excellent comida criolla (cuisine rich in peppers, onions and other spices), especially papas a la huancaina, a potato dish served with a creamy aji chili-based sauce.
- Address: Balneario de Huacachina s/n, Huacachina
- Phone: 056/213-630; 01/261-9605 in Lima
- Location: Huacachina
- 41 rooms.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1527 & up -- Machu Picchu: 8-Nt. Trek w/Inca Trail Hiking LatinEscapes.com
- $1387 & up -- Peru 6-Nts. w/Machu Picchu, Lima & Cusco Tours — $1,387 LatinEscapes.com
We went to Peru April 20-30 and really enjoyed our time there—the food, scenery, sights, and people all make the country an exceptional place to visit.
Peru Star Hotel- nice rooms and location, Read more
The history of our marriage is as unique as our honeymoon. Read more
All of sudden our confirmed booking for the Machu Pichu Sanctuary lodge has gone from confirmed to wait listed !! ?? Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives ? Money not really any object.
cheers Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more