Nightlife & the Arts in Montevideo
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
In Montevideo you'll find quiet, late-night bars, hip-hop clubs, and folk-music shows. The entertainment and cultural pages of local papers are the best sources of information; particularly useful is the Guía del Ocio, a magazine inserted into the Friday edition of the daily newspaper El País. With few exceptions, bars and clubs come to life around 1 am and don't close until it's time for breakfast.
Browse Montevideo Nightlife
Browse Montevideo Nightlife By Location
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe