3 days in Iceland

Search

3 days in Iceland

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2024, 02:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 days in Iceland

Hi, I'm off to Iceland end of May, we have a car and camping gear, but am struggling with Itinerary. The Golden Circle seems to be the tourist route, but is it going to be super touristic? We like nature but not crowds, however if it's got by far the best scenery it would be worth it, or are there other directions to go? I can see possible options t the North and West, but can't tell from the literature what the 'best' option are. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanksi,
Helen.
Old May 11th, 2024, 06:42 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
The Golden Circle seems to be the tourist route, but is it going to be super touristic?

Yes.

We spent 10 days driving the Ring Road and found the Golden Circle underwhelming.

Having said that, you're extremely limited with only three days. If it were me, I'd head to the south coast. Keep in mind, it's also quite touristy, but for a reason.

We visited the South Coast and Golden Circle towards the end of our road trip (also in May). My trip report will give you an idea of drive distances and what to see enroute. Scroll down to post #27.

It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip

https://www.visiticeland.com/article/the-south-coast

Last edited by Melnq8; May 11th, 2024 at 06:48 AM.