Search

Family with Tween in Quebec - August

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2024, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family with Tween in Quebec - August

Hi all,

My husband, 13 year old son, and I are traveling to Quebec for a week August 1st through 8th. We rented a house in La Côte-de-Beaupré as my husband and son will be doing some mountain biking but we also didn't want to be too far from Quebec City (2nd visit for me and my husband, 1st for my son). I know that 1-2 days will be in Quebec City and Île d'Orléans, and they will do downhill riding at Mont-Sainte-Anne for a full day, and then some trail riding at least one other day. So, I was looking for ideas for the remaining 2-3 days. I heard the Charlevoix area is beautiful but open to any ideas that involve outdoor activities for a very energetic 13 year old who loves to try new things. We will have a car and do not mind long, scenic drives in order to see beautiful and/or interesting places.

Thanks!
Old Jul 9th, 2024, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Charlevoix area would probably be a good fit. Lots of hiking, sea kayaking in Saguenay fjord, whale watching. The Isle Aux Caudres has a great road biking loop. Another option would be the Eastern Townships which are just east of Montreal - lots of great road biking, mountain biking, hiking, large zoo in Granby, Safari Parc outside of Montreal.