Less pollution on Cuba's streets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

.........."Cuba's roads had changed little in the six decades since former leader Fidel Castro's 1959 revolution: the old cars puffing sooty exhaust, rutted pavement, light traffic.........Now, electric vehicles are proving a godsend for many in the communist-run nation".......

Click on link below to learn about breathing easier on Cuban streets these days........

Havana's roads change as Cubans adopt electric bikes and vehicles
Old Jul 31st, 2024, 05:03 PM

What is happening worldwide with electric vehicles has caught on in Cuba and I suspect they’ll take the ball and run with it. One of the great attractions of Cuba for me are vintage autos but they will have to take a back seat as electric transportation grows and grows. A great thing for those who can afford it.
Old Aug 1st, 2024, 08:22 PM
Original Poster

I have faith in Cuban ingenuity and predict that it is only a matter of time until we see one of those vintage vehicles that are scattered across the island of Cuba out-fitted with an electric motor taken from a car that has been involved in a crash. Talk about a rattle of a ride!

Old Aug 3rd, 2024, 06:02 PM

The old relic cars are one the things that make Cuba special. That and the beaches. We are planning to take electric scooter boards next trip. Not exactly sure if anything electric is available for rent in current Cuba
Old Aug 12th, 2024, 08:44 PM
Original Poster

I am kind of out of the know regarding what is available on resorts these days besides the complimentary worn down & out bicycles. There used to be gas scooters but really not sure if electric bike/scooters are available anywhere. That goes for electric cars as well. I am sure that sloooowley but surely these electric vehicles will start popping up at the rent shop in Cuba. Blessed are the Cubans who own such items already.
Old Sep 6th, 2024, 07:26 PM

Those old exhaust belching cars are murder on my throat. I walk for a few hours everyday I'm in Cuba and have to pop a couple of throat lozenges at the end of the day. I have very little faith in the pollution levels decreasing anytime soon.